The purpose of Women’s Ministries is to minister to the women of our church and to reach out to those who are “not-yet-members”.
Wonderful is the mission of the (women) wives and mothers and the younger women workers. If they will, they can exert an influence for good to all around them. By modesty in dress and circumspect deportment, they may bear witness to the truth in its simplicity. They may let their light so shine before all, that others will see their good works and glorify their Father which is in heaven. A truly converted woman will exert a powerful transforming influence for good. —Manuscript 91, 1908.
Women are encouraged to minister one-to-one. Make certain that every individual is made welcome and comfortable at your programmes. If you expect 10 “not-yet-members”, make sure that you have at least 10 of your church women present to mingle with and befriend them. Plan to have someone sit with each guest and to begin to build relationships. And if men come, especially welcome them and make them comfortable! Women’s Ministries is inclusive.
About the Director
Women’s Ministries Director
Lynn Rossouw has served as Women’s Ministries Director since 2008. Previously, she has served as a Teacher at an Adventist school in Cape Town, a Principal at a Pre-School, and served as Lecturer for 17 years and Programme Coordinator for the Advance Certificate in Maths, Science and Technology at the University of the Western Cape. Lynn is married to Ps Howard Rossouw and has an adult daughter, Laché. Lynn enjoys reading, working puzzles, family gatherings and materials development.
About The ministry
- Women’s Ministries is a place to address the spiritual, emotional, physical and social needs of women in the church.
- It encourages women to improve their potential for participation in the mission of the church.
- It is a support system for hurting women—whether they are suffering from divorce, abuse or simply loneliness.
- It is a forum to help address topics and issues as they affect the woman.
- It encourages young women through a scholarship program.
- It encourages women to become involved in all areas of ministry in their church, their community, and in their home.
- It mentors young women so that they may find joy in the Lord.
- Women’s Ministries recognizes that women have many Gifts of the Spirit and it attempts to help women discover and use these gifts to the glory of God.
How We Serve
The Transvaal Conference Women’s Ministries Department functions as a resource for the local church that senses a need to minister to its women. This department is ready to offer training, resources, ideas, surveys, speaker suggestions, methods of evangelism(such as Heart Call) to assist a local congregation in strengthening bonds of friendship, deepening faith and stimulating spiritual and emotional growth among its women.
The mission of the Women’s Ministry Department is to encourage women to nurture and mentor one another into a deeper love relationship with Jesus and one another.
Upcoming Women’s Ministries Events
27 – 30 March 2014
SAU Headquarters, Bloemfontein
Theme: God can… When you cannot!
Please use the links (below) should you need more information.